IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL KFN CITIZENS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
What You Need to know:
- With the recent surge of COVID-19 Cases in the Yukon, Burwash Landing has had its first confirmed case of COVID 19 on June 13th, this individual is currently isolating and YCDC has been contacted.
What We Know:
- Our community needs to remain exceptionally vigilant in this time of uncertainty.
- We must continue to support each other with understanding and kindness in the light of an increase of COVID-19 in the Territory and our Communities.
What Our Next Steps Are:
- All KFN Citizens and community members living on settlement land feeling cold or flu-like symptoms are required to self-monitor and isolate for 14 days.
- KFN also insists that Citizens and community members living on settlement land follow Yukon’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) strong recommendation to suspend any non-essential travel to and from Yukon rural communities.
- All KFN Citizens and community members are to practice the social distancing and maintain at least two (2) meters distance between individuals who do not live together in the same home.
- All non-essential travel to KFN traditional territory from other regions from Yukon and within Canada is to be minimized. When this is possible, the instructions above will be followed.
- All KFN Citizens, community members & businesses in KFN traditional territory are strongly encouraged to take steps to prevent the transmission of Covid-19 and follow safe six plus one.
- KFN Council will continue to monitor the situation closely, and if required shall implement enforcement measures to ensure the health & safety of all Citizens and the KFN Community.
- KFN Council monitors pandemic updates from the federal and territorial governments daily and will reconvene on an emergency basis as required.
If you are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms call 811
Current COVID-19 information is available at Yukon.ca
If you require assistance, please refer to the table below for contact information. KFN is working hard to ensure the health and safety of our Citizens, staff and community.
|Chief Bob Dickson||(867)332-1470|
|Executive Director, Pauly Sias||(867)334-5426|
|Wellness Director, Kathleen Johnson||(867) 333-1120|
|PWMS Director, Jason MacDonald||(867) 689-0614|
We continue to work for our Citizens and will respond to you as soon as possible. You can get updated inforamtion on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KluaneFirstNation and you also get information on what is happening the territory at www.Yukon.ca.