Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: LT-2, $48.05 to $67.57 per hour (depending on experience)
Based on 70 hours biweekly
Kluane First Nation is a self-governing First Nation located at Burwash Landing on the shores of Kluane Lake in the Yukon. Under the direction of the Executive Director this position will be responsible for the overall administration of the Wellness & Education Department. The incumbent’s primary role is to provide direction and guidance to the Wellness and Education Team, work closely with the Management Team, and ensure that the appropriate polices are developed and implemented.
Primary Duties and responsibilities
- Provide direction to the Wellness, Social and Education department in developing and carrying out the goals, objectives, and strategies of the KFN government as laid out in the strategic plan approved by Council.
- Develop and monitor budgets, work plans, policies & procedures in a timely manner for these departments.
- They will focus on providing leadership and the delivery of innovative and comprehensive Wellness & Education programming for KFN Government and Citizens in consultation with the Management Team.
- They will ensure compliance to all applicable regulations and legislation and keep in line with new Federal/ Territorial initiatives and policies that pertain to KFN government.
- Overseeing or conducting proposal writing and fundraising activities for the department
- Managing departmental contracts and contractors.
- Hiring, supervising, and monitoring departmental staff.
- Conducting annual performance appraisals for departmental staff and following up on any issues that arise from the appraisals.
- Manage Kluane Day-care: supervise staff, liaison with YG Childcare Services, monitor safety and well-being of the children, liaison with parents and provide culturally relevant programming.
- Act as the Kluane First Nation representative at the bi-monthly Health Commission & the Education Committee meetings at CYFN.
- Be the KFN catalyst for language programming at the day care, schools, KFN Government and in general.
- Related duties and/or other duties as assigned.
Degree or Diploma in a field related to Education, Bachelor/Master of Social Work, Public Administration or equivalent experience and experience working in Health and/or social administration minimum five (5) years of experience.
- Extended Health care
- Travel Insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Care
Conditions of Employment: Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver`s license, Criminal Records Check, Valid Basic First Aid, willingness to travel, etc.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Internal post date: July 22,2022
Internal close date: July 29,2022