Seasonal, Full-Time Position – June 10th to August 30th, 2019
Starting wage: $28.10/hour
Reporting to the Wellness Manager, this position is responsible for the supervision of the Summer Youth Camp Program, which includes one Youth Camp Assistant and up to approximately 15 public school aged youth. This position is based in Burwash Landing. The position is responsible for ensuring that programming activities meet the goals of engaging youth in life skill building, physical, social and cultural activities. The position is also responsible for ensuring individual children’s needs are considered in all programming decisions, for ensuring the safety and health of the children and for following all applicable YG and KFN policies in the delivery of the program.
- Ability to coordinate, plan and direct program to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead, supervise and relate to children.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of KFN’s history, culture, demographics, goals and aspirations
- Awareness of social issues affecting First Nations and non-First Nations children
- Knowledge of recreational, social and life skills programming and activities relevant to First Nations and small northern communities
- Knowledge of disciplinary theories and practices for children
Degree or Diploma in Education, Recreation or other relevant area. Experience working with school aged children in a recreation program and experience working in a cross-cultural and team environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
First aid certificate, Criminal Records Check, Valid Class 4 Driver’s License or willingness to obtain within 30 days of employment
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Post date:May 8, 2019
Close date:May 15, 2019