Full-Time, Permanent – (office in Burwash Landing)
Salary: LT-3 – $67,161.71 to $95,586.75 per annum ($36.90-$52.52/hr)
(depending on education and experience)
The Property Manager directs construction, operations, and maintenance of new and existing KFN housing and Kluane First Nation public buildings, ensuring projects are completed on time and to established national, Yukon and KFN standards. The position manages all administrative aspects of the Property and Housing programs including leading the development and implementation of policy and procedures relating to the KFN Property and Housing Programs (e.g., allocation of units, repair schedules, renovations, etc.), assessment of current housing stock and municipal buildings, and planning for future development. The position is responsible for planning and managing both new housing and building development and a building maintenance program including the preparation of annual and project specific workplans and associated budgets for approval by the Director.
The position also acts as a liaison between KFN, tenants and other
Education and Experience
- Journeyman or Red Seal Carpenter, or significant experience in Carpentry
- Significant management and hands-on experience in the housing sector – construction, rental, maintenance, administration, etc.
- Project Management training/courses an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge of the building trades, Canada Building Code, Health & Safety and other construction related legislation
- Ability to prepare material estimates and procurement
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with First Nation Housing
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and practices
- Knowledge of CMHC policies and procedures
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Supervisory and program management skills, including the ability to hire and manage sub-trades
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License (personal vehicle or KFN vehicles)
- Willingness to work flexible hours/overtime as required
- Regular travel within the KFN traditional territory and occasionally within Yukon
For more information contact Dainius Zaldokas at email@example.com
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:00 pm on the closing date.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Posting Date: June 5, 2023
Internal Closing Date: June 12, 2023
External Closing Date: June 19, 2023
NOTE: Current employees, KFN citizens and community members will be considered as Internal Applicants.