Full-Time Term – February 21, 2022, to March 31, 2023- (office in Burwash Landing)
Salary: $36.90-$52.52/hr ($67,161.71 to $95,586.75 per annum, depending on experience)
Under the direction of the Director Lands Resources & Heritage, this position develops directs, coordinates, manages, implements, and evaluates a wide variety of programs, projects, and initiatives related to renewable resources. The Manager works closely with the Lands Manager and the Environmental/YESSA Officer to ensure the implementation of Kluane First Nation Final Agreement, monitor land use and development within Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory and Settlement Land.
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Diploma or degree in Renewable Resources, Resource Management or a related field combined with experience working in the field of renewable resource management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of KFN Final Agreement, Umbrella Final Agreement and corresponding implementation plan
- Knowledge of Kluane First Nation history, culture and traditions
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna existing in Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory
- Able to work independently and as part of a team that includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including Elders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong wilderness and traditional skills
- Supervisory and program management skills
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Yukon Driver’s License
- Physically fit.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Posting Date: November 24, 2021, 2021
Internal Closing Date: December 1, 2021 – External Closing Date: December 8, 2021
NOTE: Current employees, KFN citizens and community members will be considered as Internal Applicants.