Casual – Full-Time, Sept/October for 4 weeks
Salary: LT-5 – $25.15 to $35.80 per hour (depending on experience)
This position is required on a temporary basis to assist in the Language Nest while the Language Nest Coordinator is away.
The Language Nest Assistant will assist Language Nest Officer with:
- Material development for new curriculum
- Review and feedback of new curriculum
- Coordinating production of 5-minute Language Revitalization video project
- Planning for community Language Revitalization presentation
- Planning to coordinate community-level language lessons
- Practicing minimal co-delivery with LNO
- Possible minimal co-delivery with LNO of language games in daycare
- Support to catch up on Language Nest Workplan after COVID-19-specific setbacks
- Cultural competency in Kluane First Nation Traditional Way
- Language skills not necessary, exposure is an asset (fluent or silent-speakers in your family)
- Possessing or willing to learn basic introductory vocabulary in Dan K’e (up to 20 words)
- Computer skills; comfortable with Microsoft Office and setting up materials for print
- Strong organizational, communication and facilitation skills
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to:
firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 4:30 pm on the closing date.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post date: August 31, 2021
Closing Date: September 8, 2021