Full-Time Indeterminate (min 1 week per month in Burwash Landing)
Salary: $67,161.71 to $95,586.75 per annum, ($36.90-$52.52/hour, depending on experience)
Reporting to the Director of Lands and Resources and Heritage, the Lands Manager is responsible for all aspects of lands management and co-management within Kluane First Nation traditional territory as it pertains to settlement land, planning and implementation of a settlement land registry. This includes coordination of the KFN Lands Committee reviewing and making recommendations regarding traditional and commercial lease applications, ongoing review of land use policy and procedures, the development of land use plans for KFN settlement lands, and participating in other local and regional land use plan initiatives. This position will require in-depth working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and associated apps. This position supervises a Lands Planner, various consultants and summer students.
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Lands Management, Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Resource Management or related field, with related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience working in a remote community, working with indigenous/multicultural people and communities, ideally in the north
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to research, analyse and synthesize a wide variety of documents and information and to present highly technical information in plain-language
- Ability to use GPS handheld units and to transfer and manipulate data gathered
- Ability to build strong working relationships both within and outside of KFN
- Knowledge of Kluane First Nation history, culture and traditions
- Experience in the back country, wilderness survival skills, ability to safely operate off-road vehicles
- Able to work independently and as part of a team that includes individuals from diverse backgrounds, including Elders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer (MS Office) and GPS literacy
- Supervisory, organizational and program management skills
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License (travel required)
- Standard or Wilderness First Aid Certification (or willingness to obtain)
Download Detailed Job Description.
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Posting date: July 15 2021
Closing Date: July 29, 2021