Term – April 1 – September 29, 2023 (maybe recalled for additional terms on a seasonal basis)
Salary: $28.74 to $37.49/ hour, depending on experience
Reporting to the Heritage Manager, this position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering the cultural and interpretive programming for the Thechàl Dhal Visitor Centre, and for ensuring that Southern Tutchone language / Dan Kwanje is included in all aspects of this work. The position works Tuesday and Wednesday at the KFN admin building and Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Thechàl Dhal Visitor Centre.
(Note: Sunday & Monday Off)
Education and Experience
- Must be a Kluane First Nation Citizen
- Experience in delivering messages/information to groups in face-to-face situations for the purpose of education, engagement, entertainment and/or motivation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Kluane First Nations history, culture, demographics, goals and aspirations
- Knowledge of Kluane National Park & Reserve
- Knowledge of interpretive techniques, or willingness to obtain
- Ability to research, plan, coordinate and implement interpretive programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand, teach, guide and relate to Kluane First Nation culture
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Social media experience for promoting programs considered an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License (regional travel required)
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as required
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Posting date: March 2, 2023
Internal Closing Date: March 9, 2023