Full-Time, Permanent – (office in Burwash Landing)
Salary: $38.38 – $54.62/hr ($69,844.32 to $99,409.86 perannum, depending on experience)
The Housing Manager directs construction, operations, and maintenance of new and existing KFN housing, ensuring projects are completed on time and to established national, Yukon and KFN standards. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of all administrative aspects of the housing program by providing leadership to dedicated team while ensuring the development and implementation of policy and procedures relating to the KFN Housing Program (e.g., allocation of units, repair schedules, etc.), assessment of current housing stock, and planning forfuture development. The position also acts as a liaison between KFN, tenants and other agencies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Journeyman or Red Seal Carpenter, or significant experiencein Carpentry
- Minimum of 3 years management and hands-on experience including 1-year supervisory experience in the housing sector – construction, rental, maintenance, administration, etc.
- Project Management training/courses an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge of the building trades, Canada Building Code, Health & Safety and other construction related legislation
- Demonstrated conflict management/crisis prevention skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with First Nation Housing
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and practices
- Knowledge of CMHC policies and procedures
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Supervisory and program management skills
- Extended health care
- Dental Care
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License (personal vehicle or KFN vehicles)
- Willingness to work flexible hours/overtime as required
- Regular travel within the KFN traditional territory and occasionally within Yukon
For more information contact Nadia Qureshi at email@example.com
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to:
firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:00 pm on the closing date.
We thank you in advance for your application, however
only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Posting Date: March 2, 2022
Internal Closing Date: March 11, 2022 – External Closing Date: March 18, 2022
NOTE: Current employees, KFN citizens and community members will be considered as Internal Applicants.