Permanent, Full-Time Position (70 hours biweekly)
Salary: Depending on experience
Under the direction of the Wellness Manager, this position coordinates Non-Medical Homemaker Services and home management to KFN Elders and citizens in need of assistance in the home in line with KFN Home Support Policies. This position is responsible for monitoring and addressing the health conditions and unsafe living environments of KFN Elders and community members in need of assistance. This position collaborates with the Community Health Nurse and/or Homecare Nurse on decision making regarding safety and extended care needs.
- Strong people management and professional interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate with KFN Elders and their families both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in a First Nation environment and culture & traditions.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to recognize unsafe and/or dangerous situations in Elders’ or clients’ homes.
- Patience while maintaining strong morals and ethics.
- Strong supervisory, organizational, planning, implementing, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with proven initiative and to use good judgement.
- Basic office skills required to maintain files, reports, planning, scheduling and other duties.
Diploma or Certificate in the home support field, or other life or work experience that would be compatible for this form of work.
Conditions of Employment
Occasion flexible working hours required for special events, camps or outings. First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain within 90 days. Class 4 driver’s license or willingness to obtain with 90 days. Up-to-date driver’s abstract & recent Criminal Records Check.
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to:
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.