Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: LT-4, $29.53 to $42.02 per hour (depending on experience)
Based on 70 hours biweekly
Working as a team member under the direction of the Wellness & Education Director, this position plans, coordinates and delivers a variety of community wellness programs and activities for children, youth, adults and elders. This position also handles all administrative functions for planned activities and programs and liaises with KFN Citizens and departments as well as community, territorial and NGO partners to explore collaboration and funding opportunities.
Education & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in recreation or related field plus experience developing and delivering healthy living programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to research, plan, coordinate and implement multi-faceted events and projects
- Knowledge of active living practices and how they apply to community recreation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to counsel youth and act as a positive role model
- Knowledge of basic budgeting, bookkeeping and basic administrative procedures
- Knowledge of and ability to apply athletic coaching practices an asset
- Ability to coordinate and/or supervise casual workers, summer students, volunteers and Elders as needed for programs and activities
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s license and willingness to obtain Class 4
- First Aid/CPR Certification (or willingness to obtain)
- Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:00 pm on the closing date.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post Date: July 23, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled