Salary: $78,429 to $111,680 per annum
This position takes direction from Executive Director, Chief and Council with respect to the overall implementation of the KFN Final Agreement (FA) and Self- Government Agreement (SGA). This includes overseeing all negotiations related to the Agreements and acting as the primary non-political representative for KFN. The position is responsible for assisting Council in establishing priorities for devolution and developing responsibilities and action plans to deal with changes in other government’s policies or legislation.
This position is also responsible for managing KFN Data Unit.
Temporary assignments from other governments will be considered. Please ensure you have your supervisor’s approval prior to applying.
This position is available to work remotely from Whitehorse at our Kluane First Nation office.
- Implement KFN FA and SGA including related tasks and negotiations
Policy & Legislation
- In consultation with Executive Director and Council, develop or oversee the development of policy & legislation including the proper review and presentation to the General Assembly and coordinate the implementation of resolutions
- Represent KFN on intergovernmental technical working level with Yukon First Nations, Canadian Self-government Indigenous governments, territorial and federal government, FN organizations, and other governments.
- Oversee the development of department work plans and budget and develop a communication strategy for each significant initiative, change or undertaking while ensuring tasks are carried out as set out in the approved work plan.
Support Council & Chief
- Ensure Council & Chief are sufficiently briefed on important issues affecting the FN, and that they are fully briefed for making informed decisions and representing the Nations interests.
- Implement Council policy and direction
- Ensure Governance supports Committees as required: i.e. Citizenship, Constitution, Election, Justice, etc.
- Participate on boards and committees as required
- Manage implementation of a KFN data unit in collaboration with other KFN Government departments.
- Provide project management expertise to implement Council’s priority projects.
Other Duties as required
- Other Governance duties as may be required by a senior government official (SGO)
The successful candidate will have a degree or experience in Public Administration, Business Administration, and FN Management. Training in accounting and human relations is recommended. They should also have experience working with FNs.
- Experience working with FN governance
- Experience working with and between governments
- Experience in accessing and securing funding
- Experience in negotiation
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Experience in project management
Conditions of Employment
Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s license and Criminal Records check.
This person will display a willingness to participate in a management training programs to build their personal knowledge and overall KFN capacity. They must have Cross-cultural and Environmental Awareness and Sensitivity and adhere to strict confidentiality practices.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com or fax to (867) 841-5900
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Post date: August 18, 2020
Close date: Open until filled