Full-Time, Permanent – (office in Burwash Landing)
Salary: LT-3, $ 73,491.60 – $ 103,048.40/ Annum (depending on experience)
Based on 70 hours biweekly
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager is responsible for tracking Kluane First Nation financial resources and assisting the Director with implementing and monitoring financial control systems, coordinating annual audit requirements, budget preparation, forecasting & providing financial expertise to the staff as required and keeping the First Nation Directors informed of any budget variances that occur.
Primary Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting with preparing budgets, financial reports for KFN.
- Preparing and distributing variances and making recommendations for adjustments and advising on corrective measures.
- Assisting the Director with implementing sound financial control systems for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank reconciliation and the General Ledger.
- Assisting the Director when approving cash flow requests from Managers by examining all pertinent data to ensure the requests are accurate and justified. Checking that proper procedures are followed in purchase order usage, monitoring travel claims and advances, providing monthly income and revenue statements.
- Assisting with coordinating the year end audit with the Auditors and the Finance Director. Ensuring that all ledgers, files and other financial records are in order, assisting the Director with following up on recommendations from the auditor, by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating the process and reporting any discrepancies, making recommendations to improve efficiency of the system
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation or Degree of an accepted program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce
- Minimum three (3) years experience working in Finance and in a First Nation setting in a senior level finance position.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, change management.
- Experience supervising staff and providing financial advice and guidance to peers and others.
- Knowledge and ability to work effectively with automated financial and accounting systems and programs (Excel, Xyntax), budgets, internal controls, business planning, and asset management.
- Knowledge of federal and Territorial financial regulations.
- Strong analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills as well as the ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and prepare financial projections.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects and to participate in and facilitate group meetings;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability, strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- The Finance Director set the overall goals and objectives for this position. Priorities and methods for day-to-day work are established by the Finance Manager, who assists the Director with the responsibilities for financial control systems, coordinating budgets, flow of financial information and financial reports to the SMT. Making recommendations on financial systems, where changes are required, advising on options and making recommendations to the Finance Director. The position is accountable in coordination with the Finance Director for the integrity and accuracy of all financial systems and activities as well as for the effectiveness of financial support provided to the organization.
- Extended Health care
- Travel Insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental Care
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Drivers Licence (some travel required)
- Criminal Records Check
- Willingness to work extra hours as required to accomplish the goals of the position
Please submit applications to: Manager HR & Capacity-Nadia Qureshi at email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Posting date: August 25, 2022
Internal Closing Date: Sept 2, 2022
External Closing Date: Sept 9, 2022/Until filled