Eight (8) month Term Full-Time with possibility of extension
Salary: starting at $28.10/hour
Working as a team member under the direction of the Wellness & Education Manager, this position is responsible for proving family support and on-call daycare duties. The position brings resources and information to children and families to assist in building healthy family relationships and in a manner that preserves traditional cultural family practices, teaches traditional values, and allows the opportunity for children to achieve the highest possible quality of life. They also act as the daycare relief person.
- Implementing in collaboration with departmental counterparts and under the direction of the position supervisor, the MOA on Child Welfare between KFN and YG Health and Social Services
- Coordinating and facilitating community awareness forums to empower and equip the community, families and parents towards developing risk free environments for children
- Assisting KFN and the Department to develop and implement culturally appropriate policies and standards surrounding child protection matters
- Acting to liaise, coordinate and facilitate family support systems with personal and professional resources and assisting in placement and aftercare plans
- In coordination with the Language Nest Coordinator supporting the Daycare Coordinator as required to ensure proper staff to child supervision ratios are maintained at all times at the daycare.
Certificate or diploma in a family support related field, or equivalence in experience and relevant course work.
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post date: July 2018
Close date: Until Filled