Term Environmental/YESAA Officer
Full-Time Term position from January 2020 to July 2020
Salary: wage negotiable depending on experience
Based on 70 hours biweekly
Under the direction of the Natural Resources Manger, the Environmental Officer is responsible for monitoring and administering environmental acts, regulations, policies and procedures. This includes assessing development applications where KFN has jurisdiction and making recommendations regarding those applications to senior staff or Council. As well, they are responsible for monitoring projects within KFN jurisdiction or in co-management areas and serve as the overall technical support to KFN in matters relating to the environment. Temporary assignments from other governments will be considered. Please ensure you have your supervisor’s approval prior to applying.
- Implementing and coordinating KFN’s responsibilities under YESAA
- Engage with Haines Junction Designated Office on projects in KFN Traditional Territory
- Work with YESSA templates to address values, impacts and mitigations
- Conduct and perform environmental assessments and compliance monitoring by on-site visits and reviewing developer/operator terms and conditions on permits and licenses
- Collection and dissemination of environmental issues related information including research and adaptation by gathering information from citizens, articles, and other government agencies
- Monitor environmental cleanups
- Assist in the development of a strategy to deal with environmental issues facing the KFN Traditional Territory
The position requires a minimum of 2 years Post-Secondary Education in the field of environmental assessment (YESAA) or completion of Environmental Officer Training Program or equivalent.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com or fax to (867) 841-5900 no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date. Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Post date: December 11, 2019
Close date: Until filled