Salary: LT-4 – $32.71 to $45.70 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications)
Reporting to the Wellness and Education Director this position will be responsible for promoting good health in children and ensuring a safe, healthy physical environment and creating a learning environment that meets the emotional, physical, social, and cognitive needs of young children. The Daycare Coordinator is responsible for maintaining good communication with parents, staff, and community; and performs other duties, and is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the program and achieving program objectives.
The Daycare Coordinator is a role model and as such is required to lead a healthy lifestyle including responsible and active living, and participation in cultural and traditional activities in order to set a positive example for children and members of the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Early Childhood Education certification or equivalent. Individuals with Grade 12 and a willingness to undertake Early Childhood Development coursework and additional training related to Child Development will be considered.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural and team environment.
- Ability to lead, supervise and relate to children.
Conditions of Employment
- First aid certificate or willingness to obtain
- Proof of TB tests/Record of Vaccinations
- Medical clearance
- Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Check
In keeping with the nature, mission, and objectives of our government and the people we serve, hiring preference will be given to Kluane First Nation Citizens.
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on closing date. Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who do not possess all the qualifications may be considered for appointment on an underfill basis
Posting date: March 14, 2023
Internal Closing Date: March 21, 2023 | External Closing Date: Until filled