Chief Returning Officer (CRO)
and Assistant Returning Officer (ARO)
Deadline: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
The CRO is responsible for conducting elections in accordance with the KFN Elections Act. The ARO assists the CRO with completing his/her duties as required by the KFN Elections Act.
CRO Job Duties
- Manage the process for elections
- Enforce fairness, impartiality and compliance with the KFN Election Act
- Confirm the nominations of the candidates
- Oversee the day-to-day administration and supervision of the election in a fair and impartial manner
- Be available to citizens to answer any questions or respond to concerns
- Supervise and provide instruction to the ARO or other election officials, as required
- Prepare and distribute all forms, ballots and other election materials
- Count and recount ballots
- Announce the official results of the election
- Prepare a report containing statistical data and recommendations after the election
- Administrative support for the Election Committee
- Fulfill such other responsibilities as required in the KFN Election Act and as directed by the Election Committee
- Computer skills; comfortable running an electronic voting program
- Strong organizational, communication and facilitation skills
Please indicate in your resume any experience with managing elections.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please submit your resume to Nichole Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org or 841-4274 x 237, to be considered for these positions. Deadline to submit your resume is Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
The Elections Committee will appoint the CRO and ARO from those who submit their resumes. Any questions can be directed to the Elections Committee: Robin Chambers, Monica Johnson and Lillian Underwood.