Term: Contract to run from ASAP to December 31, 2021 with the possibility of renewal.
The following duties are required over the course of the project:
- Coordinate and attend weekly meetings of the KFN COVID Response Team.
- Attend weekly YG/YFN COVID-19 update meetings.
- Monitor and update YG phases, orders and guidelines and keep committee members informed.
- Attend weekly meetings with the YG-Aboriginal Relations Community Liaison.
- Attend bi-weekly (or as often as deemed necessary) meetings with KFN Directors to address all COVID-related matters.
- Lead implementation of KFN’s COVID 19 Emergency Response Plan.
- Conduct relevant research.
- Develop funding applications.
- Develop policy documents for review and approval (Management Team, C&C).
- Track and prepare biweekly reporting on COVID-related activities.
- Support preparation of communication materials.
- Support interventions related to COVID such as Lead Hand for COVID Checkpoints.
- Review daily log reports, reporting to CEMA and/or RCMP violations as required.
- Tracking & supporting known COVID cases within community.
- Educating community on current COVID guidelines, restrictions, Orders in Council.
- Work with KFN’s Emergency Measures Plan (EMP) working group to ensure COVID activities are incorporated in KFN’s emergency planning process and documents.
- Prepare final report, and other material such as a pandemic plan chapter or the EMP.
- Finalize the KFN Pandemic Plan.
- Assist internal KFN departments with implementation of COVID support programs that support mental and physical health activities (ie. Virtual bingo, walking club, etc).
- Liaison with multiply jurisdictions and organizations (CEMA, RCMP, YFNs, local businesses etc).
- Ensure continuous coverage for responding to safety concerns.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Criminal Records Check.
- Available to be On-Call and work flexible hours.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient communication skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with Burwash Landing and Destruction Bay residents.
- Must reside within Burwash Landing, Destruction Bay or other area within the KFN Traditional Territory.
Submissions of Interest – Deadline
If you are interested in being considered for this contract, please contact Pauly Sias, Executive Director, Kluane First Nation at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the above contact numbers for more details.
Please ensure you have indicated your interest no later than September 13, 2021, at 4:00 pm.