Permanent, Full-Time Position
Salary: starting at $28.10/hour
The Community Support Worker supports individuals and families with achieving wellness goals through outreach, prevention, pre-treatments, support, counselling, education and activities that helps to improve the overall wellbeing for the KFN citizens and the community at large. This position will work closely with the Case Manager.
- Implementing in collaboration with departmental counterparts and under the direction of the position supervisor, the MOA on Child Welfare between KFN and YG Health and Social Services
- Coordinating and facilitating community awareness forums to empower and equip the community, families and parents towards developing risk free environments for children
- Assisting KFN and the Department to develop and implement culturally appropriate policies and standards surrounding child protection matters
- Acting to liaise, coordinate and facilitate family support systems with personal and professional resources and assisting in placement and aftercare plans
- In coordination with the Language Nest Coordinator supporting the Daycare Coordinator as required to ensure proper staff to child supervision ratios are maintained at all times at the daycare.
Degree or Diploma in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or relevant degree/or a minimum 5 years’ experience working in the field of wellness.
Experience working in a cross-cultural and team environment.
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to: email@example.com
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post date: May 29, 2019
Close date: June 5, 2019