Salary:$52,299 to $74,434 per annum, ($28.74-$40.90/hr,depending on experience)
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Communications Coordinator is responsible for directing, initiating, evaluating, developing, and implementing a KFN communications strategy. Produces a regular newsletter for the community, updates the KFN website and provides assistance to KFN on public and internal communications.
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in related field such as communications, First Nation governance, or public administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years in a management role will be considered as equivalent to formal training
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Good judgement and the ability to provide considered advice on communication strategies
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, publishing software (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of web and publication design and content standards
- Good organizational, coordinating, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic photography skills
- Knowledge of Kluane First Nation culture and traditions
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Drivers Licence (some travel required)
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours to ensure coverage of events, etc. as required to accomplish the goals of the position
Please submit applications to: email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Candidates who do not possess all the required qualifications may be considered for appointment on an underfill basis.
Posting date: April 29, 2021
Internal Closing Date: May 6, 2021
External Closing Date: May 13, 2021