Casual-Term May 15 to March 31, 2020
Salary: wage negotiable depending on experience
Based on70 hours biweekly
Under the direction of the Housing Manager the Carpenter will perform all types of roughor finishing carpentry work as directed for renovations and new housing projects on Kluane First Nation housing units and other buildings as required. They may assist with new unit carpentry requirements.
- Interpret part and assembly drawings
- Calculate and estimate and select materials/tools most suitable for job required
- Set up and operate woodworking machines and run hand and power tools
- Perform a variety of carpentry work for construction, fabrication and repair
- Locate and install prefabricated wood and metal parts• Dismantle, repair, and erect various types of roofing and flashing as required
- Install flooring, wall panelling and trim
- Inspect, clean and maintain trade tools and equipment
- Submit verbal and written reports to the Housing Manager
Candidates who have Carpentry Journeyman certification or Apprenticeship papers will be preferred or a combination of relevant training courses and related field and relevant experience. Kluane First Nation hiring policy applicable.
Conditions of Employment
Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver`s license. Must have own carpentry tools.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com or fax to (867) 841-5900 no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Post date:May 1, 2019
Close date:Until Filled