Contract Employment Opportunity
Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (“KELP”) is a corporation with an independent mandate to manage certain business interests of the Kluane First Nation. The corporation is seeking a qualified, suitable and motivated candidate to fulfill the duties of Camp Cook at the Kluane Camp Bunk-House on a priority basis. Please submit your Resume or Expression of Interest to the General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping it off at the Kluane Community Development Corporation Office at 11 Sedata Street, Burwash Landing, Yukon. Kluane First Nation Preferential Contract Policy applies for KFN Citizens who meet the required qualifications.
General Working Conditions:
- The Camp Cook will work irregular hours to ensure that Camp Work-Crews are provided with healthy and diverse Meals, including Breakfast, Dinner and Take-Away / Field Lunches.
- The Camp Cook will be provided with a room in the Bunk-House, on agreeable terms, if other accommodation is not available in the Community.
- The Camp Cook will be engaged under a per diem employment contract.
- The employment contract will remain in place until the Camp Bunk-House closes for the Season, or when the last Work-Crews depart. This normally occurs in the Fall.
- The Camp Cook will strictly adhere to Covid-free Safe Practices and Policies.
- Employees and guest residents are required to follow the Camp Rules.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Camp Cook is responsible for the management of the Camp Kitchen Facility including meal planning for resident work-crews, menu selection, food preparation, serving, clean-up and kitchen organization and sanitization. The Camp Cook will prepare a list of grocery and supply needs on an ongoing basis, and will maximize food use and minimize food waste. The Camp Cook will abide by all safe cooking and food preservation practices and regulations.
- The Camp Cook will supervise the Camp Assistants.
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Cooking credentials and proven experience.
- Camp Cook experience preferred.
- Food Safe Certificate.
- Menu / Meal Planning.
- Bulk Grocery Ordering.
- Food Inventory Management and Storage.
- Kitchen Sanitization Procedures.
- Familiar with Food Services Legislation, Regulations and Best Practices.
- Safety Training / Experience.
- Ability to Supervise, Train and provide Direction.
- Highly Organized with strong Planning Skills.
- Good Communications and Relationship-building skills.
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and carry boxes of groceries and supplies.
- Driver’s License is an asset.
- Start Date: July 22 or 23, 2020
- Wage Level: Per Diem of between $400-$500 per day, dependent on experience.
- Hours of Work: The Camp Cook will work the necessary hours to ensure that Camp guests are provided with quality meals and services.
Closing Date: This is an expedient hire, so the Closing Date for the Camp Cook is July 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM or until filled.
Thank you to all that submit a resume or expression of interest in the Camp Cook position, and please be advised that only those considered as having the necessary skills and experience will be contacted.