Kluane Energy Limited Partnership (“KELP”) is a corporation with an independent mandate to manage certain business interests of the Kluane First Nation. The corporation is seeking qualified, suitable and motivated candidates to fill the following two (2) positions on a priority basis. Please submit your resume to the General Manager at email@example.com or by dropping it off at the Kluane Community Development Corporation Office at 11 Sedata Street, Burwash Landing, Yukon. Kluane First Nation Preferential Hire Policy applies for KFN Citizens who meet the required qualifications.
General Working Conditions:
- The Camp Assistants will work irregular hours in order to meet the service needs of the Camp Bunk-House, including assisting the Camp Cook with meal preparations and clean-up, as well as janitorial, house-keeping, and laundry services.
- The Camp Assistants will be provided with a room in the Bunk-House, on agreeable terms, if other accommodation is not available in the Community.
- The Camp Assistants are regarded as “seasonal positions” and will remain in place until the Camp Bunk-House closes for the Season, or when the last Work-Crews depart. This usually in the Fall.
- The Camp Assistants will strictly adhere to Covid-free Safe Practices and Policies.
- All Employees, along with guests are required to follow the Camp Rules.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Camp Assistants will work as the Camp Cook’s helpers, and will also maintain the general tidiness and cleanliness of the Camp Bunk-House and grounds. This includes janitorial, house-keeping and laundry services as required.
- Minimum age of 19 Years (Yukon age of majority).
- Food Safe Certificate (or obtain).
- WHIMIS (or obtain).
- Some experience as a Cook’s helper.
- Some experience with cleaning, janitorial, house-keeping and laundry washing.
- Physically fit to stand for long periods and carry boxes of groceries and supplies.
- Start Date: July 28, 2020
- Wage Level: $23.00 – $26.00 per Hour dependent on skills and experience.
- Hours of Work: The Camp Assistant(s) will be scheduled by the Supervisor, and these hours will depend on when the Camp Bunk-House has clients. This could be full-time, part-time or auxiliary on-call work. Work scheduling will vary depending on operational needs.
Closing Date: This is an expedient hire, so the Closing Date for the Cook Assistant is July 24, 2020 at 4:00 PM or until filled.