Term position – October 1, 2019 to July 2020
Salary: starting at $35.12/hour (Based on 70 hours biweekly)
Under the direction of the LRH Director, the Natural Resources Manager develops, directs, coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates a wide variety of programs, projects and initiatives related to renewable resources. The manager works closely with the Land Planner and the Environment Officer to insure the implementation of Kluane First Nation Final Agreement, monitor land use and development within Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory and Settlement Land.
- Ensures implementation of KFN Final Agreement and UFA provisions, by identifying natural resource management obligations, participating in co-management bodies, monitoring YG and Federal implementation performance, and carrying out KFN implementation activities;
- Ensures orderly operations within the Natural Resources Branch;
- Supervises KFN participation in development assessment and external/internal permitting and licensing processes within the KFN Traditional Territory;
- Coordinate all resource related activities, such as forestry, climate change, YESAA, traplines, mining and any permits;
- In depth knowledge of Kluane Final Agreement, Self-Government Agreement and the Umbrella Final Agreement including their Implementation Plans
- Knowledge of Kluane First Nation history, culture and traditions
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna existing in Kluane First Nation Traditional Territory
The minimum level of education required for this position is two years of post-secondary education in the field of Renewable Resources, Resource Management or a related field. It also requires a minimum of two years experience working in the field of renewable resource management
Please submit applications to: email@example.com or fax to (867) 841-5900 no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Post date: August 22, 2019
Close date: August 29, 2019