Term to March 31, 2021 Full-Time with possibility of extension
Salary: starting at $28.74/hour
Working as a team member under the direction of the Wellness & Education Manager, this position is responsible for proving family support and on-call daycare duties. The position brings resources and information to children and families to assist in building healthy family relationships and in a manner that preserves traditional cultural family practices, teaches traditional values, and allows the opportunity for children to achieve the highest possible quality of life. They also act as the day care relief person.
This position is available to work remotely from Whitehorse at our Kluane First Nation office.
- Implementing in collaboration with departmental counterparts and under the direction of the position supervisor, the MOA on Child Welfare between KFN and YG Health and Social Services
- Coordinating and facilitating community awareness forums to empower and equip the community, families and parents towards developing risk free environments for children
- Assisting KFN and the Department to develop and implement culturally appropriate policies and standards surrounding child protection matters
- Acting to liaise, coordinate and facilitate family support systems with personal and professional resources and assisting in placement and aftercare plans
- In coordination with the Language Nest Coordinator supporting the Daycare Coordinator as required to ensure proper staff to child supervision ratios are maintained at all times at the daycare.
Certificate or diploma in a family support related field, or equivalence in experience and relevant course work.
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to:
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post date: November 24, 2020
Close date: Until Filled
HEAVY EQUIPMENT, CONSULTANTS, EVENT PLANNING, AND GENERAL CONTRACTING SERVICES
According to section 4.1 of the Procurement and Contracting Policy:
4.1 Local Contactors list
Human Resources will maintain a list of qualified KFN contractors.
Onus is on the contractor to request inclusion on the list and show that they have the required qualifications or experience.
KFN HR is requesting that all KFN Contractors to send information to the HR Manager with information such as:
- Type of service your company provides
- Email addresses and contact information
- Rates for service
Please send information to email@example.com
For more information please contact Christabelle Carlick 867-332-0023 or 1-866-558-5587 x.229
The Constitution Committee is seeking feedback from all KFN citizens regarding the KFN Constitution.
Please follow this link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T6B3GBB
to complete the online survey. Enter your name and contact information at the end of the survey for you chance to win a Samsung tablet!
Open to all community members
Any questions please contact Christabelle at 841-4274 ext. 229
Dań K’e Kêts’ádań
“We are learning Dań Kʼe.ˮ
Elders and Youth Room at the Jacquot Hall
Tuesdays: 4pm – 5pm & Thursdays: 11am – 12pm
January 15 to March 14, 2019
A town hall meeting is an American term given to an informal public meeting, function, or event derived from the traditional town meetings of New England. Typically open to everybody in a town community and held at the local municipal building, attendees generally present ideas, voice their opinions, ask questions of the public figures, elected officials, or political candidates at the town hall. Attendees rarely vote on an issue or propose an alternative to a situation. It is not used outside of this secular context.