This is a Full-Time Temporary Assignment for 12 months with a possibility of an extension to 24 months.
Under the Direction of the Governance Director, this position is responsible for the support and management of strategic Kluane First Nation projects.
This position will be required to work in Whitehorse, YT with frequent travel to Kluane First Nation Administration Office in Burwash Landing to coordinate with KFN staff and Citizens.
- Carry out the role of prime project manager for KFN strategic projects
- Control and monitor strategic projects my managing project management processes and committees
- Support Governance Director in searching out, consulting and developing product relations with both internal and external partners
- Develop project management documentation templates
- Provide strategic advice and
- Provide research services.
- Post-Secondary degree in Public Administration, First Nations Governance (Native Studies), or relevant degreeor a suitable combination of education and experience;
- Project Management diploma would be an asset;
- 5 years’ experience in project management preferably in a government situation or as a senior political advisor; and/or in public administration, negotiations, policy development, or relevant experiences;
- Experience researching, analyzing, leading, drafting, initiating, and creating project management and other government documents and templates;
- Knowledge of KFN history, legislation, policies, KFNFinal Agreement, KFN Self-Government Agreement and accompanying Implementation Plans, and KFN Self-Government Financial Transfer Agreement; and
- Knowledge of KFN practices and standards.
Conditions of Employment
Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License, willingness to regularly travel in Yukon and occasionally in Canada.
This job is based in Whitehorse and travel will be expected to travel to Kluane First Nation in Burwash Landing, YT 2-3 times per month for 2-3 day trips and within Canada ~4 time per year.
Questions can be directed to Lisa Badenhorst at email@example.com or (867)689-8364.
Interested in a secondment? If, you are interested in this assignment, are eligible to apply, and have the prior approval of your supervisor please apply for this job as indicated below.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Kluane First Nation, via fax (867) 841-5900, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post Date:December 19, 2019
Close Date: Until Filled (preferably before January 19,