Open Until Filled
Community Support Worker
Permanent, Full-Time Position
Salary: starting at $28.10/hour
The Community Support Coordinator supports individuals and families with achieving wellness goals through outreach, education and activities that helps to improve the overall well being of KFN Citizens and the community at large.
Main Activities in Community Support :
- Reach out and support community members and their families who are dealing with trauma, hardship and addictions and work towards achieving their wellness goals.
- Act as referral and support worker for those wanting addictions treatment and/or professional counselling.
- Create opportunities for aftercare and follow up support services for those returning to the community from addictions treatment.
- Organize activities that enhance individual and community wellness.
- Support those who are dealing with residential school related issues and events.
- Provide support and education for expecting mothers and fathers.
- Liaise and collaborate with Yukon Government and other wellness services in Yukon that are available to the community.
- Degree or Diploma in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or relevant degree and/or a minimum five (5) years experience working in the field of Wellness.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural and team environment.
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to: email@example.com
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post date: June 12, 2019
Close date: Until Filled