Salary: $52,299 to $74,434 per annum ($28.74 to $49.90 per hour, depending on experience)
Under the direction of the Language Nest Coordinator (LNC), the Language Nest Officer will assist to adapt and bridge future expansion of curriculum, research and develop curriculum to age appropriate children of the Daycare, Kluane Lake School, and could expand to Day camp and After School Programs . This requires ongoing mentorship with the Language Nest Elder for translation work and continued study to always maintain fluency in the language.
Education and Experience
- Passing grade in Athabaskan 101 at Yukon University
- Degree in Linguistics or Education preferred, or two years’ work experience in Education
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to establish and a implement programs and activities with emphasis on Southern Tutchone culture
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, team environment.
- Ability to coordinate, plan and direct program to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to lead, supervise and relate to children.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and deal tactfully with others
Conditions of Employment
- Valid First Aid,
- Criminal Records Check, Medical Clearance including TB test
Willingness and ability to work overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
Please submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
Thank you for your application, however, only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Posting date: April 19, 2021
Internal Closing Date: April 26, 2021