Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: LT-4, $29.53 to $42.02 per hour (depending on experience)
Based on 70 hours biweekly
Reporting to the Wellness & Education Director this position will be responsible for supporting the education of Kluane First Nation (KFN) citizens from kindergarten through to Grade 12, Post-Secondary Education, the ISETS program and Adult Education.
This is a hands-on position that will be responsible for advocating for students and ensuring cultural components are included throughout the school experience. The will administer Kluane First Nation Post-Secondary education funding and provide support for all adult education through referrals or other required support.
Education & Experience
- Completion of Secondary School or equivalent, with coursework in education, administration, recreation or another related field
- Experience working in a coordinating role
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Ability to research, plan, coordinate and implement programs and activities to meed identified goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to understand, teach, guide and relate to children
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and deal tactfully with others
- Strong Organizational skills
- Knowledge of KFN’s history culture, demographics, goals, and aspirations
- Awareness of social issues affecting First Nations and non-First Nations children
- Knowledge of recreational, social and life skills programming and activities relevant to First Nations and small northern communities
- Knowledge of broad range of educational theory, techniques, and application.
Conditions of Employment
- First Aid Certificate would be an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license or willingness to obtain with up-to-date driver’s abstract
- Criminal Records Check
Candidates can submit their resume in confidence to: email@example.com prior to 5:00 pm on the closing date.
We thank you in advance for your application, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Post Date: July 28, 2021
Internal Closing Date: August 4, 2021
External Closing Date: August 11, 2021