IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL KFN CITIZENS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
What You Need to know:
- With the recent surge of COVID-19 Cases in the Yukon, Burwash Landing has had its first confirmed case of COVID 19 on June 13th, this individual is currently isolating and YCDC has been contacted.
What We Know:
- Our community needs to remain exceptionally vigilant in this time of uncertainty.
- We must continue to support each other with understanding and kindness in the light of an increase of COVID-19 in the Territory and our Communities.
Dates: To be determined with two weekends in May and two or three weekends in June. Sign up sheet will be at the KFN Administration office or sign up with Christabelle.
We need to see who would be interested in a moosehide tanning workshop. We will be gathering information in preparation for the workshop. Please see the following questions:
- Do you have your own moosehide?
- Do you have tools for tanning hide?
- Can you participate during the weekends?
Please register or have questions please contact Christabelle Carlick
Cell (867) 332-0023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To take place at Nana Je site. Preference to have everyone stay at the site.
The Yukon government and Kluane First Nation have begun the process of building a new school in Burwash Landing.
According to Kluane First Nation Chief Bob Dickson, the First Nation has been asking for a school in their community — rather than the existing facility in Destruction Bay — for over 100 years.