- Latest Information on COVID-19
- *NEW* Canada Child Benefit Info-graphic – 2019 Taxes – posted May 21, 2020
- *NEW* COVID-19 Economic Response Plan – Outreach Resource Links – posted May 21, 2020
- *NEW* COVID-19 Measures to help Canadians – Benefits fact sheet – posted May 21, 2020
- *NEW* COVID-19: Safe Grad Tips & Best Practices – posted May 21, 2020
- *NEW* Ideas on Celebrating Grads – posted May 21, 2020
- *NEW VIDEO* Physical distancing: Stop the spread of COVID-19 in Indigenous communities – posted May 20, 2020
- *NEW VIDEO* Keep it clean: Stop the spread of COVID-19 in Indigenous communities – posted May 20, 2020
- Stay Connected during this time of Social Distancing – posted May 1, 2020
- Mental Wellness Support during COVID-19 – posted April 28, 2020
- Letter to KFN Staff re: COVID-19 expectations – posted April 15, 2020
- Self-Screening Tool for COVID-19 for First Nation Visitors or Members Returning to Communities – posted April 7, 2020
- Use of Surgical Masks in Communities in Response to COVID-19 – posted March 31, 2020
- Receive Updates on COVID-19 – posted March 25, 2020
- Essential Services – posted March 25, 2020
- Volunteers Needed – posted March 25, 2020
- Extra Support – posted March 23, 2020
- KFN Office Closure to the Public – posted March 19, 2020
KFN COVID-19 Updates:
COVID-19 Home Warning Signs:
Click on the images to go to the Loyal Shop’s website.
Get updated on COVID-19:
Government of Yukon
Read more on Yukon.ca on coronavirus updates – changes to testing criteria
Government of Canada
Read more on Canada.ca about the Northern Business Relief Fund (NBRF)
- For those Needing Extra Support
- KFN Offices are Closed
If you require assistance, please refer to the table below for contact information. KFN is working hard to ensure the health and safety of our Citizens, staff and community.
Chief Bob Dickson (867) 332-1470 Chief@kfn.ca Executive Director, Grace Southwick (867) 334-3635 Executive.firstname.lastname@example.org Wellness Director, Kathleen Johnson (867) 333-1120 We.email@example.com Housing Director, Keith Johnson (867) 689-0614 Pwms.firstname.lastname@example.org
We continue to work for our Citizens and will respond to you as soon as possible. You can get updated information on our Facebook page Kluane First Nation and also get information on what is happening in the territory at Yukon.ca.
- Gym is closed
In light of the new public health measures aimed at protecting Yukoners and limiting the spread of COVID-19, we have suspended the use of the gym until further notice. We encourage everyone to keep fit and healthy by doing activities outdoors whenever possible.
- Story of Long Ago People traveling to Potlatch by Kluane First Nation Elder Grace Johnson
- Women’s Self Defence
Attention: All Kluane First Nation Women in Whitehorse, Yukon. A one-day Self Defence Workshop for beginner’s will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2019 from 12 Noon – 5PM
Elite Martial Arts Academy – Yukon’s Premier Martial Art Studio
120 Industrial Road, Whitehorse, YK
- Bring comfortable clothing and indoor shoes.
- Light lunch, snacks and dinner will be provided to participants.
Please contact Kelli Backstrom at 841-4274 Ext 250 to sign up.
I can provide rides for citizen’s living in Whitehorse if I am given enough notice to do so.
- School Committee
- Lands Committee – 2 Vacancies
- Notice of Citizen Consultation
FOR AMENDMENTS TO LEGISLATION
Legislation: KFN Constitution and Uk’à Dàts’älay (Rules for the People) Act
Date: March 7, 2020 from 1-2:30 pm.
Venue: Burwash Landing, Jacquot Hall
Lunch will be provided by KDSLP.
The Constitution Committee will be consulting Citizens on proposed amendments to the KFN Constitution as part of the Constitutional Review. The Constitution Committee will also be consulting on proposed amendments to the Uk’à Dàts’älay (Rules for the People) Act that are related to the proposed constitutional amendments.
Topics for amendment:
- Legislative Process – Appendix II of the KFN Constitution, and Part 7 of theUk’à Dàts’älay (Rules for the People) Act;
- Honorary Citizenship nomination process – Citizenship Code section 10,Appedix I of the KFN Constitution;
- Recognition of Tlingit ancestry in the preamble of the KFN Constitution; and
- Administrative ‘housekeeping’ matters.
Contact: Nichole Williams, Governance Analyst/Assistant Negotiator, email@example.com, 841-4274 x 237