- Latest Information on COVID-19
- *NEW* Use of Surgical Masks in Communities in Response to COVID-19 – posted March 31, 2020
- Receive Updates on COVID-19 – posted March 25, 2020
- Essential Services – posted March 25, 2020
- Volunteers Needed – posted March 25, 2020
- Extra Support – posted March 23, 2020
- KFN Office Closure to the Public – posted March 19, 2020
KFN COVID-19 Updates:
COVID-19 Home Warning Signs:
Click on the images to go to the Loyal Shop’s website.
Get updated on COVID-19:
- For those Needing Extra Support
- KFN Offices are Closed
If you require assistance, please refer to the table below for contact information. KFN is working hard to ensure the health and safety of our Citizens, staff and community.
Chief Bob Dickson (867) 332-1470 Chief@kfn.ca Executive Director, Grace Southwick (867) 334-3635 Executive.firstname.lastname@example.org Wellness Director, Kathleen Johnson (867) 333-1120 We.email@example.com Housing Director, Keith Johnson (867) 689-0614 Pwms.firstname.lastname@example.org
We continue to work for our Citizens and will respond to you as soon as possible. You can get updated information on our Facebook page Kluane First Nation and also get information on what is happening in the territory at Yukon.ca.
- Gym is closed
In light of the new public health measures aimed at protecting Yukoners and limiting the spread of COVID-19, we have suspended the use of the gym until further notice. We encourage everyone to keep fit and healthy by doing activities outdoors whenever possible.
- Women’s Self Defence
Attention: All Kluane First Nation Women in Whitehorse, Yukon. A one-day Self Defence Workshop for beginner’s will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2019 from 12 Noon – 5PM
Elite Martial Arts Academy – Yukon’s Premier Martial Art Studio
120 Industrial Road, Whitehorse, YK
- Bring comfortable clothing and indoor shoes.
- Light lunch, snacks and dinner will be provided to participants.
Please contact Kelli Backstrom at 841-4274 Ext 250 to sign up.
I can provide rides for citizen’s living in Whitehorse if I am given enough notice to do so.
- School Committee
- Lands Committee – 2 Vacancies
- Notice of Citizen Consultation
FOR AMENDMENTS TO LEGISLATION
Legislation: KFN Constitution and Uk’à Dàts’älay (Rules for the People) Act
Date: March 7, 2020 from 1-2:30 pm.
Venue: Burwash Landing, Jacquot Hall
Lunch will be provided by KDSLP.
The Constitution Committee will be consulting Citizens on proposed amendments to the KFN Constitution as part of the Constitutional Review. The Constitution Committee will also be consulting on proposed amendments to the Uk’à Dàts’älay (Rules for the People) Act that are related to the proposed constitutional amendments.
Topics for amendment:
- Legislative Process – Appendix II of the KFN Constitution, and Part 7 of theUk’à Dàts’älay (Rules for the People) Act;
- Honorary Citizenship nomination process – Citizenship Code section 10,Appedix I of the KFN Constitution;
- Recognition of Tlingit ancestry in the preamble of the KFN Constitution; and
- Administrative ‘housekeeping’ matters.
Contact: Nichole Williams, Governance Analyst/Assistant Negotiator, email@example.com, 841-4274 x 237
- New: ST Online Language Lessons
KFN Heritage is working with Diyet van Lieshout to offer weekly online language lessons via ZOOM. The usual time is Tuesday at 9AM. If you’d like to connect to the lesson, you will need a computer with built in audio/microphone or a headset and video. You can also connect with your phone or tablet. You will also need to set up a free ZOOM account.
For more information contact Sheri, Language and Culture Coordinator at the KFN office.
For those who have missed a lesson, we will start posting the lessons and audio on the southerntutchone.kfn.ca website soon. Check back for more info.